Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UHC filter

Depends on filter.

I remember that Baader had UHC filter that had issues with IR leak. They released new / fixed version later on.

First clue should be if filter is classified as visual UHC or photographic UHC.

We can't see IR part of spectrum so there is no harm in visual UHC filter passing some of the IR spectrum.

Just done a quick unprocessed stack of 20 frames with UHC only(top) & 20 frames with astronomik L2 only bottom. (I did stretch the top UHC one a small amount as it was very dark)

I forgot to mark up star but top left it stands out a mile. Very bloated in top picture, nice red star in bottom one.

It is a visual use one I was trying to give a dual life (could always double stack with L2) but anyway, back to r3esults.

From what I see below it appears the star (T cep) which is a pulsating variable is bloating and something is getting past the UHC to cause the bloating. IR I suspect. 

1044465021_uhconly.thumb.jpg.86c5b7aa2c3f872d548faa149e221228.jpg1369263555_ir.uvcut.thumb.jpg.6ff4151cbe157885baf6463c728fc98b.jpg