Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4565 Needle galaxy with artefacts

Tommohawk

Hi all.

This isn't the best by a long way, but a couple of interesting artefacts to discuss. I used AstroPixel Processor, and used the star reducer function - but whatever settings I tried a few stars have an odd faded centre. 

I've processed some of this out, but in this crop the star on the far right from the centre shows this defect - needs to be at 100% to see this really, which in my book doesn't amount to "Pixel peeping"!

Also the bright star to the left of the centre of the Needle has a greeny/yellow colour at the lower left edge. I've noticed this previously with some images and in discussion with others, had put it down to sensor tilt.

However, I notice that some of the green RAW images were ovalled, and some were much better than others. And also that a second run done after a lost guide star due to wind I think (no meridian flip) was better. So I wonder if this is really simply a guiding artefact? Thanks for looking!

Any thought appreciated! This was done with HEQ5, 200PDS + CC, ASI1600MM  @-20C, 60s Subs, about 75 each RG and B and a Superluminance of all the RGB + 45xLUM. 

LRGB_PS_crop.thumb.png.d713f126e25be030f52955d61952808d.png

• Like 7