SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another Leo Triplet

tomato

With astro darkness rapidly dwindling I realised another season will pass without me having a go at the Leo Triplet.

So this is the best 180 x 2 min subs from 7 hours of data captured with the dual Esprit 150/IMX571 OSC rig. About 40% of the data was captured in Nautical rather than astro darkness.

Calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in APP,PI and AP. Presented at the original sampling of 0.714 arcsec per pixel.

Thanks for looking.

LeoTriplet_IMX571C_180x2mins-RGB-session_1_session_2-crop-lpc-cbg-csc-StPIAP.thumb.jpg.9332b2a2b7b73dd18a5e83e3e9b7dd1f.jpg

• Like 24

2 hours ago, tomato said:

astro darkness rapidly dwindling

My kits already packed away for the summer for this reason. Hence the dual rig I am working on for next season.

Final image is pretty good given the lack of darkness👍

• Like 1

There is still a few hours of Astro darkness left, the trouble is a lot of targets have passed the meridian before it arrives.

Myself and @Tomatobro are ironing out the final bugs in the dome auto control system so I can let sessions complete unattended so I’m not up until silly o’clock to get the most out of the Astro darkness remaining.

20 hours ago, tomato said:

Myself and @Tomatobro are ironing out the final bugs in the dome auto control system so I can let sessions complete unattended so I’m not up until silly o’clock to get the most out of the Astro darkness remaining

I'm still working on SWMBO to let me build my observatory. For some reason she and the kids think it is unreasonable to build it in the centre of the Football pitch garden.😁

My dome observatory is tucked up right in the corner of the garden, it’s on a 6” deep concrete plinth so my horizons are not affected by the adjacent garden fences, the neighbouring  houses on the estate and a  ruddy great oak tree nearby have much more of an impact.

I guess my neighbours think I have a bottle bank in the corner of our garden but I’ve never had any comments, adverse or otherwise.