Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SvBony 18mm UF 65 degree eyepeice

Bought this eyepeice today and it oozes quality I had to buy 2 as I use a binocular telescope so I am looking forward to giving them a try. I was getting varied reviews regarding Ultra flat field eyepieces and this one got really good reviews especially over the pond. I googled to see if there was a UK vendor for Svbony and I was lucky enough to find one and he had the eyepieces in stock so I drove over to Stoke to pick them up. They remind me of the William optics eyepeice but not with the high price at £83,99 I think I got a bargain because if they perform as well as they look then I will be quite happy.

PXL_20220424_132209210.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220424_131221910.jpg

PXL_20220424_131234507.jpg

PXL_20220424_131206696.jpg

PXL_20220424_131315026.jpg

• Like 1

The SV190 comes only in 10mm and 18mm, though they are quite different.

They appear to have the same internals as a number of better-known makes, and have been rated as good buys for the money.
That publicity might have been the cause for them creeping up in price over the last year.

• Like 1

To be honest I wouldn't say this was a small eyepeice it's quite big and of sound solid construction. As I said I will be using 2 of them at the same time so once I get to test them I will be able to give my verdict but at the price I paid I would say they are a bargain the vendor is dark clear skies if you Google that you should find him.

• Like 1

It depends on your expectations. I tested my 6mm recently against a BST Starguider 8mm and it was slightly better, with a rather improved contrast. My Pentax XW 5mm walks all over it, of course, but it's many times the price.

Tested this beast out tonight for a few hours and it is really good. I also tried the Svbony 18mm ultra flat eyepieces and was pleased with the results no distortion across the field of view and the stars were sharp M44 was a nice target to try them out on. Overall the binocular worked well resolving stars in the globular clusters M13 M3 M5. M92 was also a good sight bright but not quite picking out individual stars in this globular. The ring nebula was easy in the BT120 a perfect polo mint in the sky. Before I finished my observing run I turned the binoculars to Virgo and could pick out the faint smudges of the distant galaxies there great results I wanted to have ago at the Sombrero galaxy but need to cut down an offending bush that blocks my view of that part of the sky. My interest is visual astronomy and taking the time to locate and find objects myself after owning telescopes over the years these binoculars are a real treat.

IMG_20220429_204013_530.jpg

PXL_20220429_192002300.MP.jpg

PXL_20220429_192031399.jpg

• Like 2