SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another 23rd capture

neil phillips

16 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Looks good to me Neil, what are you experimenting with specifically Neil?

Sorry Pete i missed this

A couple of things actually. Usual imager experiments. Faster exposure higher gain. slower exposure lower gain chopping to just the main group. and upping the frame rate from 120 fps to around 200 fps. lowering my capture time. more shorter runs. And more of them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Sorry Pete i missed this

A couple of things actually. Usual imager experiments. Faster exposure higher gain. slower exposure lower gain chopping to just the main group. and upping the frame rate from 120 fps to around 200 fps. lowering my capture time. more shorter runs. And more of them. 

Always good to experiment, anything working for you or too early to draw conclusions?

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Always good to experiment, anything working for you or too early to draw conclusions?

A bit early Pete. Also certain settings will often suit certain seeing more. Example bad seeing shorter exposure will help.  ( higher gain producing more noise) is the negative. I should also have been cropping more to the main group of spots. And upping the frame rate.  I did that on the 24th. But did it a bit late seeing had worsened. All work in progress but a lot of fun.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trevor N said:

Looks very detailed to me Neil. Interested to see what you can get with the 10”. Seeing Petes C9.25 image I’m tempted to buy one of these sheets !!!! . Always something else to try😬

Cheers Trevor. Though getting the A4 sheet means i will be working at 190mm so a 7.5" stopped down Newtonian at  f8.4

Still should be interesting i hope