Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tak 76 & binoviewers

It works!!! Thats with the end of the Celestron barlow on the nose of the BV. I could do with a brighter target I.e. the moon though. I seem to have trouble merging one star image. 

Hmmm, not sure how I solve the wedge issue then, perhaps a solar filter would get around that.

9 hours ago, IB20 said:

It works!!! Thats with the end of the Celestron barlow on the nose of the BV. I could do with a brighter target I.e. the moon though. I seem to have trouble merging one star image. 

Hmmm, not sure how I solve the wedge issue then, perhaps a solar filter would get around that.

Great news, your perseverance is paying off.
As far as merging goes it might be a case of ensuring the eyepieces are equally and correctly seated and not over tightened in the holders, on mine eyepiece undercuts can be an issue and knock them off square. 
Also I have a routine of getting the left eyepiece in focus with right eye closed then vice versa with right eyepiece.

From my limited experience I find BV’s work best on objects like the moon, planets and brighter nebulae. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IB20 said:

I seem to have trouble merging one star image. 

Yes, give it a go on the Moon if you are having trouble. Getting the eyepieces seated squarely is important. I’m not sure what kind of eye holders you have in the revelations, but I’ve found the ones with dioptre adjustment can cause them to be out of collimation so I always lock these down tightly. Getting inter pupillary distance right and balanced focus is also very important to getting the best views. I use eyepieces with dioptre adjustment themselves, otherwise just edging one eyepiece out a little way is the best option I think.

• Like 3

I'll never understand why Tak don't simply shorten the scope tubes and lengthen the drawtubes, as doing so would solve the focus problem everyone seems to have with their scopes. They can't be unaware of the problem given all the feedback they must receive directly or indirectly, which means they are either thick, or don't care. 

As for the Revelation binoviewer, I don't rely on the diopter adjustment as I've found the engineering isn't upto the task and throws the eyepieces out of alignment.  But as Stu suggests, I keep everything screwed virtually fully in and focus, in my case, the right eye using the rack and pinion, then retract the left eyepiece very slightly until I have sharp focus and lock it I place. Although I have matching pairs of eyepieces from 35mm down to 7.5mm, I rarely use anything shorter than 15mm in the binoviewer. As I use a 2X barlow attached to the nose of the bv, the amplification of around 4X is more than enough to give a very comfortable image scale with good eye relief for lunar and planetary observing. I've also found the amplification is a little more than 4X when using the body of the barlow rather than screwing the barlow lens into the bv nose. For powers higher than 320X in my 100mm DZ and for double star observing I prefer using single eyepieces rather than a binoviewer.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JeremyS said:

I did something similar with my FS 60Q. The Tak 2” back saves quite a bit of in-focus. Can use a low profile 2 to 1.25 inch reducer which will then accommodate a 1.25 inch diagonal 

image.thumb.jpg.4197afdb6fc1f00163ac521c1d1a0327.jpg

Precisely what I was thinking of when I asked if was possible to get rid of the long 1.25" adapter train.

Why doesn't the Tak come with a 2" visual back and 2" to 1.25" adapter like most other fracs?  How are you supposed to use 2" eyepieces in it straight from the factory?

On 22/04/2022 at 23:42, Fedele said:

Instead, for my FS60Cb, that is the same OTA of 76, i use a FTF2025BCR and a Coma/Lolli ultrashort adapter to reach focus with my Maxbright 2 and Baadeder T2 32 with NO GPC

Here you can order the short adapter

https://www.adrianololli.com/

post-356431-0-79361800-1648674743.jpeg

post-356431-0-72808300-1648674738_thumb.jpeg

post-356431-0-64822200-1648674733_thumb.jpeg

Do you have a part number or description to help find it? Does he do a black anodised one?

Thanks

• Like 1