Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Supernova remnant G150.3+4.5 and LDN 1400 & Co in HaOiiiRGB

gorann

In late March I stumbled on these faint blue (Oiii) and red (Ha) filaments in Camelopardalis by accident when I imaged this area using the NBZ dual band Ha+Oiii filter. After some searching, and with the help from friends, I realized that this was the first visual light image of the SNR G150.3+4.5 described by radio astronomers in 2014. (https://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/abs/2014/07/aa24128-14/aa24128-14.html). I have now combined about 18 hours of HaOiii data with 4 hours of RGB data (ASI2600MC without filter).

I get the feeling that the dark nebulosity and other dust are obscuring most of the SNR and that we just get a small glimpse of it through a hole in the dust clouds.

So, caught with my dual RASA8 rig and ASI2600MC on Mesu 200. 212x5 min with IDAS NBZ filter and 49 x 5 min without filter, so totally about 22 hours. Processed in PI and PS.

Cheers, Göran

20220401 LDN1400&SNR HaOiiiRGB PS13smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 09.52.46.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 10

38 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

That looks so good, you could be the first to image this target!

Thanks a lot! Yes, I cannot find any other visual image of it.

But the Ha and Oiii signal is really needed. I made a gif (https://ezgif.com/maker) to show the difference between the RGB image and RGB+HaOiii (it jumps between the images in 5 s intervals:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

• Like 4