Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clavius, Gassenai and Copernicus

Kon

I imaged the Clavius, Gassenai and Copernicus craters tonight, although the lighting was only nice for Gassenai. I worked out a higher frame rate for my camera so i had a lot more data to play with tonight. Clavius with 2x barlow, but i think it was too much since it came out a bit soft. I used Gimp and Topaz Sharpening. Happy to receive any feedback.

image.png.ffd8f1063bb06fccebb0a0841ec7ff19.png

image.png.9978cbac17540ef2d7bc35be6b8904b2.png 

image.png.4664fc2e70db733a383f43057f112974.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Feedback

Nice Shots. Notice its a dob. So assume your doing the drift method is that correct Kon ? 

Thanks Neil. Yes it is with my 8" Dob manual tracking; part drift part moving it manually. I noticed that Autostakkert struggles to give me decent stacking with the drift only for a wider area so I tend to do manually hold the ROI at the centre of the camera. I also changed my camera setting last night (not sure it is the right thing but it increased my fps) by going to fast read and overclock 30%; i used to have it on auto.

50 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks Neil. Yes it is with my 8" Dob manual tracking; part drift part moving it manually. I noticed that Autostakkert struggles to give me decent stacking with the drift only for a wider area so I tend to do manually hold the ROI at the centre of the camera. I also changed my camera setting last night (not sure it is the right thing but it increased my fps) by going to fast read and overclock 30%; i used to have it on auto.

Have you thought about dob tracking ? Flo sell it. With even basic tracking your quality will go up a lot. ( should go up a lot ) I know if i had a 8" dob. i would want tracking so i could film longer avis sers more frames more power. 

14 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Have you thought about dob tracking ? Flo sell it. With even basic tracking your quality will go up a lot. ( should go up a lot ) I know if i had a 8" dob. i would want tracking so i could film longer avis sers more frames more power. 

I have being eyeing them for a while...

8 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Ive not tried it Kon. But if it tracks even just reasonably well, it should enable longer captures many thousands of frames. With the camera at full resolution whats your frame rate ?

At 1280x960 ~75fps and last night I was shooting at 1024x768 ~95fps and for Copernicus 640x480 ~150fps.

With my hand tracking i was getting around 7000 frames per area but i think it introduces vibrations as I was manually trying to keep the ROI in the centre.

35 minutes ago, Kon said:

At 1280x960 ~75fps and last night I was shooting at 1024x768 ~95fps and for Copernicus 640x480 ~150fps.

With my hand tracking i was getting around 7000 frames per area but i think it introduces vibrations as I was manually trying to keep the ROI in the centre.

If you want to ever up the quality. I would get dob tracking capture at full resolution. capture 10.000 frames both native and 2x barlow. And see how it improves. you should get quite a big improvement i would have thought. Anyway its not easy doing drift so hats off to you

• Thanks 1