SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 2022 Challenge 1 - Animations

There was a fascinating selection of entries for this challenge some of which appealed because of the technical challenge involved and others for their aesthetic qualities.  

1st Aramacheck

Not only is this animation technically well captured but it is superbly presented.

2nd Sleepy Kiki

This breathtaking Northern Lights animation might have some of you arranging a winter holiday in Northern Norway!

https://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/monthly_2022_03/Aurora_March_2022.mp4.9fa984086247ebaa546da2f26a21623b.mp4

3rd AlexJ

The historic launch of the JWT gave a chance to record the telescope at a huge distance from the earth.  Well done everyone who managed to produce a very challenging animation.  This entry was our top pick.

JWST.gif

Well done everyone who entered.  There are more terrific animations in the original challenge thread.  Well worth a look.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/388392-sgl-2022-challenge-1-animations/

• Like 8

Gosh! Many thanks! I think I just got lucky that night & hadn't thought of entering the competition until @tomato & @Clarkey suggested it (Cheers! 🍻).

Processing the data was a bit of a challenge, as I ran out of memory on my old PC and disk space on the laptop, so had to keep swapping files between the two...

Many thanks!
Ivor

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...