Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whole disc, Rupes Recta, Mare Imbrium and Moretus 09/04/22

zcapp96

I've been itching to try out my new Evostar 72ED but weather has been rubbish. There was a chance of some clear sky according to the BBC on Saturday and things did look promising as I set up but then patchy thick cloud came rolling in. Anything deepsky was out of the question so tried the moon instead. Was able to do the full disc image with just one panel using the 72ED and an ASI290mm, only because it was at 1st quarter otherwise it wouldn't have fit. Best 50% of 5000 frames. Decided to then get the C9.25 out and try for some close ups. It's slightly out of collimation but could not get on a star long enough to recollimate so decided to just go for it and the results seem good. Again, best 50% of 5000 frames. Considering the many false starts when the clouds would roll in before I had all 5000 frames I am very happy with the results!

72ED Final 2.png

SCT 2.png

SCT 3.png

SCT 4.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1