Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explore Scientific BT120SF Giant Binocular

Hello 

I don't know if anyone else owns a set of these giant Binoculars. I would like any info on good storage cases and what do other owners of big bins use. I am also looking out for a suitable pier extension for the tripod as the bins are so large you have to really bend down to view the zenith. Also I would like to mount a quickfinder to the binocular there is a recess on the handle to fit the vixen style finder base I know the rigels have to be stuck on but is there an adapter available to fit this type of finder directly to the finder  base.

PXL_20220405_124806634.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20220405_132223400.jpg

Edited by AndyKendrick
description
  • Like 3

• AndyKendrick changed the title to Explore Scientific BT120SF Giant Binocular
  • 2 weeks later...

The view through them is excellent I got the chance to observe M13 and M3 through them the other night and they resolved the objects easily. They are big and the tripod is not quite tall enough I have told Bresser this so a pier extension may be coming along soon. I have put 3 bed risers on each tripod leg as a temporary fix to give me that little bit more height and a more comfortable view. Apart from that these are an amazing piece of kit.