SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Core meets door!

Captured in the early hours of this morning. Everyone else has done it so I thought why the hell not! Oh and I've thrown one with me in for good measure! 😊

09-04-22Foreground-A.jpg

09-04-22Foreground-B.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 20

Yeah very early start but worth it. The Milkyway was captured between 4-4:30am then the Stair Hole foreground (selfie) was captured around 5:30 - 6am to gain a little more light for the foreground.  Stair Hole faces perfectly South. The Durdle Door foreground was taken around 6:30 am ish I think so getting a little to light but it works. I preferred the foreground orientation I chose for Durdle door which is technically more facing South East so the Milkyway is a little off in its position but we wont tell anyone about that! 😉 Having a little of the sun rise light helps with processing and blending the sky due to the haze/ light pollution you still get when imaging at the horizon and out to sea, the light comes in brighter from the right (east) when imaging the Milkyway and when the sun starts to rise for the foreground so the light blends nicely and more naturally. 

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1