SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunar X and V visible now - 21.48 8th April 2022

Stu

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Those are great Peter, thanks very much. Which scope were you using?

Hyginus Rille is looking very good too.

The Skymax 127 Stu. It's a nice grab n go lunar telescope. As you can hopefully see in the shakey hand held snaps, there's a generous amount of detail resolved and sharp. A perfect match for the AZGTI. I'm looking forward to trying some proper lunar ap with it this summer.

Nice photo Angel!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Davesellars said:

Thanks for the heads-up!  I ran out with the 80ED and caught the X and V features for the first time! :)  Even my wife came out to take a look!

Excellent! Glad you saw the heads up. They were looking good tonight 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

The Skymax 127 Stu. It's a nice grab n go lunar telescope. As you can hopefully see in the shakey hand held snaps, there's a generous amount of detail resolved and sharp. A perfect match for the AZGTI. I'm looking forward to trying some proper lunar ap with it this summer.

Nice photo Angel!

Thanks Peter. Your pictures are very good. I was using my little 76mm which visually is very nice but I only just picked up Hyginus Rille in my pictures. You’ve just about caught Treisnecker Rille too, which I saw visually but no chance with the smartphone. Nice one 👍

• Thanks 1

Yep, the seeing was actually quite good.  Much better than yesterday.  It was very steady at 150x which is max that I had with the 80ED and a 4mm EP.  Some wafts of high cloud but nothing to spoil the view.  The X and V features really stood out much easier than I expected.

• Like 1

I just happened to be out testing my tracking platform on the 16" when I went to the moon and was astonished by the crisp view and then noticing the phase it dawned on me the X and V should be there and they just popped out. I had to get an image so setup the C11 for a quick imaging session and this is my result. 

Mosaic.jpg

2022-04-08-2135 Regi.jpg

2022-04-08-2114 Regi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Nice shots @Simon128D. Did you mean the third image to be a crop of the V? If so, I think you’ve picked the wrong area, would be good to see it.

Oh sorry ha ha! I grabbed the wrong image. I'll fix that in a moment. 

1216363769_2022-04-08-2121Regi.thumb.jpg.142e72c0f026e2528fb21f3d4a0c65e1.jpg

Edited by Simon128D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1