Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron UK...

Mandopicker101

I'm not often moved to write reviews but...

Last month I purchased a pair of SkyMaster bins as a grab/go sort of affair. They're replacing a 35 year old pair of 10x50s I bought from Boots as a boy, so I had a little more than just money invested in them.

I succumbed and bought from Amazon, purely due to budgetary pressures. They were great when they arrived but one look at the moon and it was clear that were out of collimation. Amazon steered me to the seller who didn't wish to know or deign to reply to my requests for a replacement pair.

Onto Celestron UK then. Within 12 hours Celestron were a) apologising for the issue b) asking for a copy receipt and c) issuing the return paperwork. 

Second set arrived today. In a huge box. Filled with packing material (recyclable!). With the retail box shrouded in a heavy outer sleeve and in bubble wrap.

Wiser as to what to look for, so far, they're perfectly collimated.

Full marks to Celestron UK. Null points, and Caveat Emptor, to Amazon and their seller (not Celestron!).

Edited by Mandopicker101
Typos...
  • Like 11