Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Berlebach NIX II Observer's Chair

Carl Au

Has anyone got any experience of Berlebach NIX II Observer's Chairs? I had a nasty experience with an ironing board chair which led to 4 broken ribs, a lot of pain and embarrassment (the ambulance driver had to extract me from the downstairs loo) and a quickly sold 10 inch dob, absolutely my last dob (if you saw my garden you would know why). Anyway I need a comfortable chair that won’t tip over backwards 

Edited by Carl Au
  • Sad 2

Hi,

Yes, I’ve had one for 18 months now… best investment I made, as it’s enhanced my comfort whilst observing, as I can now sit comfortably for long periods and concentrate on viewing.

The height adjustment works for long refractors at pretty much any altitude and also perfect with my 10” Dob 👍

Its very well made, and I’ve never had any issues with it. The height adjust is done with two small levers and can be done quickly and safely in the dark.

I’ve also got the (optional) foot rest, which is not essential but very useful for those occasions when I have the chair seat up high and remain comfortable.

It also folds and rests up against the wall in my office and doesn’t look out of place. We even used it as an extra chair at Christmas, when we had some kids for the day 🤣

EDIT: I forgot to add, I've never had an issue with it tipping, falling backwards or indeed ever felt that it was not safe, and given your related experience (ouch!) that's important 🤞

So, highly recommended from me 😃

Good luck 

Gary

3DB9316D-42BE-4D8C-B839-846CE0952B23.jpeg

CC76E7BA-FDF2-445A-8B67-E641A24D5124.jpeg

19D1D397-0D15-417C-9639-4CF6CC931728.jpeg

01F6125C-04A1-4CEA-B6F9-4F5CE00B7E24.jpeg

18BE1EA2-A21C-489C-9ED9-12476835C81A.jpeg

70A48DFC-6ADB-4AD6-8130-36BD32915A6E.jpeg

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Carl Au said:

Thank you ever so much, that is all I needed to know, I just bought the last  one from FLO

Awesome.... you won't regret it.... it's a superb piece of kit, and being able to sit (still) whilst observing makes such a difference 😀

Good luck it it 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've only got one (very very minor) gripe.... very occasionally one of the slip on rubber grip "feet" can pop off when I fold it up... so if you take the chair anywhere, just quickly check that they're all still in place... but it's happened about three times in many many sessions 😁

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 09/04/2022 at 10:40, Carl Au said:

Did your chair come assembled? Mine is in two part and for the life of me I can’t see how to assemble it. It’s like trying to solve one of those impossible wooden puzzles 

Apologies, didn't see this message notification... glad you're all sorted now though 👍