Narrowband

Skywatcher 72ed screw size for finder shoe?

Hi

Could anyone tell me what the screw size is for the finder shoe attachment on the skywatcher 72ed please? I have the shoe but not the screw. Appears to be countersunk and guessing about 3 or 4mm? 

Ray

20 hours ago, TerraC said:

Hi

Could anyone tell me what the screw size is for the finder shoe attachment on the skywatcher 72ed please? I have the shoe but not the screw. Appears to be countersunk and guessing about 3 or 4mm? 

Ray

I have found most Skywatcher screws to be M4 or M5, let me know how long you want them and I will send you some of each.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2022 at 17:55, banjaxed said:

I have found most Skywatcher screws to be M4 or M5, let me know how long you want them and I will send you some of each.

Thank you, that would be amazon.  Sorry i've only just seen your reply.  I think they're M4.  They are supposed to be 6mm but the thread looks shallower than that to me.  :)

Ray

36 minutes ago, TerraC said:

Thank you, that would be amazon.  Sorry i've only just seen your reply.  I think they're M4.  They are supposed to be 6mm but the thread looks shallower than that to me.  :)

Ray

What length do you need  ?

1 minute ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I probably have some M4 countersunk (or Vee heads) is that what you are after ?

Not sure what length I will have a look.

Steve

Thank you yes countersunk is what im after.  Skywatcher say m4 x 6mm but it looks shallower than that tbh. Im going to have another rifle through my shed tomorrow but i dont think i have anything near small enough. 

Ray

7 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

I only have 6mm or 10 mm long, see pic of 6mm.

2419BF2D-39DC-4C87-8934-D038823809F5.jpeg

92305C39-07C0-445E-8338-0EB9B5510AF1.jpeg

Thank you i think they may be a little too big on the head. Looking at a countersunk type so i can put a shoe on and the finder slides in over top. 

Ray

I have M4 X 5mm long or 12 mm long but can get 6 mm long from Ebay for £3 for 10, I know you may not need 10 but I think to order a couple is £2.50 or so thats why I tend to order a larger quantity as they always come in handy eventually.

M4 x 6 mm countersunk screws

Let me know I can send you some of the 5 mm ones if you want.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...