SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What case / bag for RC6 ?

Looking for best case or bag for a RC6.
I have seen THIS one which looks okay and I think will just fit the scope with focusser attached, but if dimensions are to the outside of the bag then it will be close and I really do not want to remove the focusser at all. I just wondered what other RC owners use.

Oklop Padded Bag for 6'' SCT / 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes with PocketOklop Padded Bag for 6'' SCT / 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes with PocketOklop Padded Bag for 6'' SCT / 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes with Pocket

Steve

2 minutes ago, Anne S said:

I've also got a 6 inch RC. I think the size is closer to an 8 inch SCT, which I've also had in the past. It's certainly a very generous 6 inch external dimension.

What about this.TS-Optics padded Carrying Case for SC RC MAK from 6" to 8" Aperture

it states RC6.

found it on another vendor site.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2022 at 12:42, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Looking for best case or bag for a RC6.
I have seen THIS one which looks okay and I think will just fit the scope with focusser attached, but if dimensions are to the outside of the bag then it will be close and I really do not want to remove the focusser at all. I just wondered what other RC owners use.

Oklop Padded Bag for 6'' SCT / 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes with PocketOklop Padded Bag for 6'' SCT / 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes with PocketOklop Padded Bag for 6'' SCT / 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescopes with Pocket

Steve

I guess you've got a bag for your RC6, now. But, for those viewing this thread later, I was in the same position as nothing seemed to be listed for that scope, so I settled on the one linked below for a 180mm MC, which has a nice section on the end for accessories. My RC6 fits perfectly with all the extension pieces and focuser on the OTA. I'm very happy with it.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/telescope-bags-cases-storage/oklop-padded-bag-for-180mm-maksutov-cassegrain-telescopes-with-pocket.html

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Some good stuff on that website, I bet if those cases were sold as astro gear they would be at least 50% more 🙂 

Steve

They even have star cloths for those cloudy nights! ;)

https://www.terralec.co.uk/star_cloths_/led_star_cloth___cool_white_3_x_6m_dmx/35068_p.html

I'll apologise now. Sorry!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I  went for THIS cheaper one, which fits fine but the padding is a little shallow so may have to do something to bolster it up a bit.
So it works but your selection look a better bet, maybe I will buy one myself and use this one for something else.

Steve

Great prices 👍

Why oh why did you have to show me this site 😬 😈

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...