Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51

m.tweedy

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wimvb said:

Very nice. Bortle 7/8 is a bit brighter than what I have (Boryle 5).

It is but you have to live what you have. I presently have 6Nm Ha and 5Nm O111 and S11 but going to 3Nm to see if it helps. 

1 hour ago, m.tweedy said:

It is but you have to live what you have. I presently have 6Nm Ha and 5Nm O111 and S11 but going to 3Nm to see if it helps. 

That should help, but not for galaxies of course. When choosing nb filters it’s important to consider quality. Especially Oiii filters can show reflection halos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2022 at 11:40, wimvb said:

That should help, but not for galaxies of course. When choosing nb filters it’s important to consider quality. Especially Oiii filters can show reflection halos.

Just catching up sitting on my balcony in Madeira about 10 degrees C warmer than home. I agree with what you are saying. I am presently switching out my CLRGB Astronomik to Astrodon Gen E 2nd edition and 3Nm Astrodon Ha, O111 and S11. Hopefully it will give me as good a chance of minimising halos as i can get. I do like running some Ha data on Galaxies as there is normally some in there that enhances the final image (in my eyes).