SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First visual-light image of the SNR G150.3+4.5

gorann

By accident, me and my dual RASA8 rig stumbled again on a supernova remnant (top left quadrant of the image), which after some search (with great  help from Wim van Berlo) turned out to have been suggested by radio astronomers in 2014 (https://www.aanda.org/articles/aa/abs/2014/07/aa24128-14/aa24128-14.html), "image" enclosed. As far as I can tell there are no visual-light images of it, and this is likely to be the first. There are clear Oiii and Ha emitting filaments coinsiding with the most active area shown by the radio telescopes, and some weak and more diffuse Oiii signal, but most of the SNR may be too faint to be seen visually (at least with my equipment) and there is a lot of dark dust in the area that may be obscuring it.

The image is a three panel mosaic with a lot of overlap, with about 18 hours at f/2 on the SNR. There are also three Sharpless objects in the image and a lot of dark nebulosity from the Lynds' and Barnard's catalogues.

I am surprised that the huge Ha emitting circular nebulosity covering most of the image has not been annotaded or named. However, it is quite faint and I am struggling to find a suitable name suggestion.

Captured 29 March to 1 April 2022 with my dual-RASA8 rig and ASI2600MC cameras with IDAS NBZ dual band Ha+Oiii filters on a Mesu 200. 337 x 5 min, so 28 hours. SQM between 21.2 and 21.4, no moon

Commets most welcome!

Cheers, Göran

20220329-0402 Sh2-207-210 Mosaic PS6smallSign.jpg

Screenshot 2022-04-03 at 15.27.07.png

Screenshot 2022-04-03 at 15.07.58.png

Edited by gorann
  • Like 9