SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WL 2nd March

neil phillips

Bresser 127l Celestron 1.5x Barlow Baader 495 longpass. IR UV Cut filters Astrosolar. EQ5 Pro

2978 native FL 75% capture size

top wave and second 58.tif FD.png 75.png

AR2976 1.5x barlow 

1.5x Drizzle

75% drizzle size

2976.png

AR2978 1.5X Barlow 

1.5x Drizzle 90% drizzle size

AR2978.png 90.png

Mosaic Native FL 50% capture size

m1.png 50 sgl.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, Pete Presland said:

Cracking set of images, especially the close up capture. Lovely detail in the Penumbra!

Starting to enjoy doing it Pete. Trying to find the best way of improving quality. One thing i cant figure out is scope temperature. Night time astronomy means a cool scope. But this is very different. Does the scope perform better early on before it gets hotter. Or does it perform better when warmer. And more stabilized ? Havent figured this out yet ? But good questions 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Not sure either Neil, but getting a balance between Sun altitude and the atmospheric temperature still being cool is something i try to get.

As with all astroimaging , there are never any guarantees 🙂

No i agree. Over time hope to spot patterns. I have read similar to what you describe. Balance between height and temperature.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

I do love the whole daytime astronomy, so nice to be mostly warm and not having to be up at a ridiculous time of the night.  That said, i love those middle of the night appointments with the gas giants 🙂 

Saturn just entering the morning. In around 12 weeks 22 degrees will be possible. Doesnt sound much but got this last year with less elevation. Jupiter to follow but much higher. Its going to be good. Mars too.

best saturn  cassini.tif  saturate.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Saturn just entering the morning. In around 12 weeks 22 degrees will be possible. Doesnt sound much but got this last year with less elevation. Jupiter to follow but much higher. Its going to be good. Mars too.

best saturn  cassini.tif  saturate.png

I am pretty excited by that prospect, especially with the new view that has recently opened up at the bottom of the garden 

• Like 1