Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW - Omega Speedmaster Moonswatch

dweller25

• dweller25 changed the title to NEW - Omega Speedmaster Moonswatch
33 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

What date is it again today? ;) 

It's no joke! This was on the news over a week ago, with people queuing up to get one. The catch is that it's made of plastic, takes a battery and is available in different colours. I think it's tacky! My real Speedmaster stops working if I forget to wind it! 😀

Tony.

• Like 1

I went to see them in the Swatch shop on Oxford Street in London this week.  They do look Swatch but I have to say that they are nice; certainly look well above the price tag.   I have a FOIS Speedmaster which I wear everyday.  I may get the Pluto version of the Swatch to wear from time to time.  Neptune and Mercury also looked very nice.  The shop was out of stock but they promised more "next week"; not sure if that'll happen and I'm not queuing to get one...

Roberto

I love the speedy  wanted one for the last thirty years but never could spare the cash.

Right now I would rather put the money towards a high end eyepiece than one of these.

A novelty watch, but I have to admit there has never ever been a better looking one and it reminds me how much I appreciate great design great craftsmanship and the people at OMEGA who have great pride in their work. Same way I feel about my Takahashi which I bought for my fiftieth birthday a speedy was on the list but my passion for astronomy goes back further than watches. 

I suspect this would end up unworn unloved and have lost much of its value and spoil my life long appreciation of the speedy. 

I haven't seen these in the flesh but as a hesalite 1861 owner custodian for one of my boys I think they're a brilliant move for both Omega and Swatch. A younger person that aspires to own a speedy can get into something that looks like one, enjoy it and get the real deal when funds allow.

Edited by Prador
  • Like 1

Really? what's the point?

I have a very good Seiko Solar powered watch that just 'goes'

And a fun retro classic Casio watch if I want to 'go out with a digital watch' - but, I really don't see how anyone can see a 'specialness*' for a particular watch design. 

* especially a 4 figure 'specialness'