SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Incredible prom right now!

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

If you’re near a hydrogen alpha solar scope - grab it now! Amazing prom system and filament on show.

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

If you’re near a hydrogen alpha solar scope - grab it now! Amazing prom system and filament on show.

👍😊  Many thanks Mark that was a great heads up for me, had a brilliant view in the PST, the seeing was fabulous.  Very unusually for me, I hadn't checked GONG today - too busy with WL between heavy snow showers, put post on solar imaging.

The prom is really active isn't it, easy to observe the changes, I was out from 5.25 to 5.55.  It wasn't just the prom though, there were several fine filaments plus smaller ones and lots of activity around the main ARs. Beautiful texture to the whole disc and good fine details - plus other proms.  I wonder if that line of proms means we have some more goodies about to cone round the limb!?

It started snowing yet again  just after I got in and still is, snow flakes as big as saucers 😅.

Thanks again Mark.

@Highburymark great find. I don't normally rush out with equipment but your enthusiasm made me jump for it. There was also another one around a quarter clock distance away (see wide image). For those that didn't see it here's two pics:

1633100804_DSC_0025_BURST202203311812308422.thumb.JPG.f3ea73f2fe266553497fd5addc0e1451.JPG

2001442775_DSC_0024_BURST202203311814405422.thumb.JPG.b03c3b1b3d1de7c4df65c326abec9f2d.JPG

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Roy Challen said:

Still looking good, grabbed 30mins before the clouds arrived

Thanks Roy. Will pop the PST mod out at lunchtime to have a look 👍

• Like 1