Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTi

24 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

I also clicked on the "notify me when available" but with demand outstripping supply I guess it did not meet the "when available" criteria.

Hope you’ve got your order in now 👍

1 hour ago, Jiggy 67 said:

I'm a bit disappointed i didn't receive the notification for this despite clicking on it on the website (FLO website that is, not this site,it's not in my spam) so I've only just seen the release 😪

1 hour ago, Tomatobro said:

I also clicked on the "notify me when available" but with demand outstripping supply I guess it did not meet the "when available" criteria.

@Tomatobro is right. "Notify me when available" emails are sent only when an item is genuinely available to buy. If the number received exceeds those already sold (in this instance we received nowhere near enough) then there are none available to buy. 

Looking at the current rate of sales I suspect the next shipment will also sell out before it docks so @Jiggy 67 it is good you have placed an order. 

1 hour ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Order is in now, just the mount only option, hoping that with everyone going for the bundle, the mount only version will be quicker....is that how it works??.....😀

Bundles are proving more popular than mount-only but not by much. Probably around 60 / 40. 

Thank-you for your order 🙂

Steve 

2 hours ago, FLO said:

@Tomatobro is right. "Notify me when available" emails are sent only when an item is genuinely available to buy. If the number received exceeds those already sold (in this instance we received nowhere near enough) then there are none available to buy. 

Looking at the current rate of sales I suspect the next shipment will also sell out before it docks so @Jiggy 67 it is good you have placed an order. 

Bundles are proving more popular than mount-only but not by much. Probably around 60 / 40. 

Thank-you for your order 🙂

Steve 

I'm still waiting on the hen's teeth and rocking horse manure lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on with the mount.  It looks a very versatile setup.  I was turbo keen on this mount since about February so I feel the pain of everyone waiting.  Went down a different route in the end, but I suspect I might be looking at it again in the future.

Edited by Ratlet

Mine has arrived (but not from FLO), I bought the mount head only as I already have tripods that suit and what is probably an essential the extension from an AZ-GTi package.

See pics on Postman thread.

It will be interest to see if there is an ADM replacement that will fit as the dovetail adapter looks a little small, even better if the AZ-GTi kit** that FLO sells will be a straight fit.

Edit **

The AZ-GTI has different hole spaces so not an option

Edited by StevieDvd
remove AZGTi kit comment

On 20/07/2022 at 18:52, FLO said:

Speaking with Sky-Watcher's UK distributor, we have learned the mount/tripod bundles in the shipment scheduled to dock Aug have already sold out.

All our existing customer backorders (except two!) of mount/tripod bundles will be fulfilled from the August shipment. 

Currently there are a small number of mount heads available but we expect those too will sell out in a week or two. 

Unfortunately, due to component shortages, there will not be another shipment with Star Adventurer GTi until around first-quarter 2023 🙁 

We have removed the mount/tripod bundle form sale and will do the same for the mount head when that sells out. 

Thank-you for your patience and understanding. 

Steve 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get the mount work with the ASIAIR using the USB connection? What configuration did you use?

I think it's probably worth opening a master thread on this mount as quite a few people will jump for it!

Thanks!

• Like 1

The extension tube is the same that comes with the AZ-GTi bt is available seperately (part no 20313) here at FLO when in stock.  I got the head only version as already had the extension and a good tripod.  Not seen the new tripod on it's own yet but it looks to be a bit more sturdy than the AZ-GTi one (which was light with retracting legs) and appears to be a smaller/lighter version of the SW 3/8" tripod.

The Manfrotto 055 would appear to be well up to the job.  A quick search of the forum might show others already using the tripod with other 3/8" mounts.

Have you already purchased the SW Adenturer GTi head only then?

Welcome to SGL Mike.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

I haven't purchased at all yet, but going on what you've said I think I'll probably go for the head only and the extension tube, and then use the Manfrotto I've already got.

Also, thanks for the welcome!

A shipment with Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTi mounts has arrived at the distributors warehouse so stock will arrive at ours later this week or early next. 

When they arrive all our existing customer backorders will be fulfilled 🙂 

We will also have a small number of mounts (not mount/tripod bundles) available to buy. They will likely sell out soon after our 'Notify me when in stock' auto-emails are triggered so if you want one we recommend you place your ASAP. 

Unfortunately there are no more shipments (with star Adventurer GTi) expected this year so it will quickly become unavailable again until around March 2023! 

HTH, 

Steve 

sw_star_adv_gti_mnt_sgl-1.jpg.6f5d781668986d672569dbcdd3bd108b.jpg

3 hours ago, FLO said:

A shipment with Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTi mounts has arrived at the distributors warehouse so stock will arrive at ours later this week or early next. 

When they arrive all our existing customer backorders will be fulfilled 🙂 

We will also have a small number of mounts (not mount/tripod bundles) available to buy. They will likely sell out soon after our 'Notify me when in stock' auto-emails are triggered so if you want one we recommend you place your ASAP. 

Unfortunately there are no more shipments (with star Adventurer GTi) expected this year so it will quickly become unavailable again until around March 2023! 

HTH, 

Steve 

Thanks for the heads up that you are likely to have some left over, have just ordered. 

Adam 

• Thanks 1

On 10/08/2022 at 21:02, Doversole said:

Has anyone managed to get the mount work with the ASIAIR using the USB connection? What configuration did you use?

I think it's probably worth opening a master thread on this mount as quite a few people will jump for it!

Thanks!

I can now confirm you can connect the mount to an ASIAIR with a standard USB cable.

Configuration is the same as for an EQ6r-pro. Select Eqmod as the mount and use 115200 baud speed.

ASIAIR recognises the mount,  control is working fine. No need to get a special eqmod cable,  no need to use the ST4 cable. USB,  plain amd simple!

Btw,  seeing the next delivery batch is not before next March, I must admit I feel privileged to be one of the first owners. Thank you @FLO

27 minutes ago, Doversole said:

I can now confirm you can connect the mount to an ASIAIR with a standard USB cable.

Configuration is the same as for an EQ6r-pro. Select Eqmod as the mount and use 115200 baud speed.

ASIAIR recognises the mount,  control is working fine. No need to get a special eqmod cable,  no need to use the ST4 cable. USB,  plain amd simple!

Btw,  seeing the next delivery batch is not before next March, I must admit I feel privileged to be one of the first owners. Thank you @FLO

How is guiding and dithering working for you?

3 hours ago, Doversole said:

I was surprised by this to, I purchased in advance what I thought was the correct EQ mod cable, plugged into the hand controller port which did not work, much head scratching later I linked the mount to the ASI mount setting as Skywatcher AZ/GTI mount  Baud 9600 with the boxed USB cable and it connected straight away.

On 22/08/2022 at 11:55, FLO said:

1 hour ago, Felias said:

Just pulled the trigger on one of the three leftover mounts... A minute after that, there's only one left!

You were just in time. They are now all sold 🙂 

Steve

• Like 1

My big requirement is that this outperforms my AZ GTI in terms of dec backlash, need to be able to dither and cant on the AZ GTI, so fingers crossed. For the additional cost and it being imaging focused you would hope so. But no one seems to be able to tell me how it performs in that respect so guess ill find out. 

Adam  

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 10:55, Adam J said:

How is guiding and dithering working for you?

Well the answer is average! 😂

I get a reasonnably good guiding (I use a Zwo OAG and a ASI120mm mini guide camera). With the Redcat, I am getting below 2" error, which is not so good as with the EQ6r-pro (where I am used to 0.6").

But, once it goes through the Meridian Slip then somehow it all goes wrong. The Meridian flip works, but then for some reason it won't guide properly at all. I had a similar issue using a laltop and APT / PHD2, so it's not the ASIAIR but maybe something in the configuration.

Looking into the details, it seems the guising also struggles to settle before imaging.

If I reset the mount and start again imaging after the flip, it will work again fine. Except I would prefer to sleep!

I see someone else has used different parameters to connect to the mount using USB (AZ Gti and 9600 baud). I may try this.