SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Auriga in SHO

Adreneline

A few days ago I was lucky enough to grab a nice amount of Ha data from my Samyang 135MM + ASI183MM and combine it with Ha data taken at the same time from my RedCat 51 + ASI1600MM

Luck has been on my side again because I have been able to get a comparable amount of OIII and SII data to make a full SHO image of the area.

19Aur-SHO-v6.thumb.jpg.6ab084195cce52b869cf2bcb6b754aee.jpg

Sorting out the gradients from the two systems has been a real challenge to achieve a neutral background but the light pollution removal tool in APP is amazing and so easy to use, providing such a good end result that I did not need to use ABE/DBE in PI. The star field is from the Samyang SHO data only - there seemed little point in trying to combine with the RedCat data. The RedCat data has been really beneficial in revealing detail and structure in the main components of the image.

Everything was pre-processed in APP and processed in PI using StarXterminator to create a starless image which provided the basis for the colour SHO.

19Aur-SHO-v6starless.thumb.jpg.16698a28b707027b4f2d2d0f7b62ed53.jpg

Plenty to enjoy in this wide field view.

19Aur-SHO-v6Annotated.thumb.jpg.c32d1c31f37fdcd87cb3d8fb1c13f10f.jpg

Thank you for looking and all C&C welcome as always.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Clarification
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Very nice - this region always looks very dramatic when the busy star field is removed. 

Thank you. I'm a bit of a fan of starless images when imaging nebula. A busy star field can obscure a lot of detail and structure and distract the eye from seeing the very thing you are trying to image.

22 minutes ago, mackiedlm said:

Beautiful image. I'm not usually so keen on starless images but this one works because there is just fso much dust and clout.

Thank you for the kind comment.

I think starless images have their place especially on these wide field views. I like to see the layering, depth and structure in the nebula.

Adrian

• Like 2