Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Into the heart of AR 2975

neil phillips

Didn't bother with mosaics today.  Instead focused my attention on getting some good captures of this monster spot . Have some slightly wider views with the other spots around it to process. But this has come out ok i thought. Could have got more detail out. But am trying to get a natural balance as much as i can 

SHARPER 95.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

Lovely shots Neil. Not dissimilar to the visual views this morning when the seeing was at its best. It’s certainly an impressive spot!

Yes its very interesting. The detail its showing is quite remarkable. Seeing is very heat influenced as well as local seeing. But of course it would be. Lots of blur, then for a few seconds you get clarity. 

Its those few seconds where all the action is. Been trying to make the most of it. Bad weather coming soon i think

Cheers Stu

• Like 1

16 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Didn't bother with mosaics today.  Instead focused my attention on getting some good captures of this monster spot . Have some slightly wider views with the other spots around it to process. But this has come out ok i thought. Could have got more detail out. But am trying to get a natural balance as much as i can 

SHARPER 95.png

Neil, now that is so good it's just showing off 😊.  Fantastic, thanks for posting.

Wonder if the all white tube helps deflect heat. After around 3 hours when i pulled it off the mount. it actually felt cool. which surprised me. But cracking solar scopes i am learning. Especially for the price. For solar close ups These should be rushing out the door at Flos. 

bresser solar.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Same old newbie alert said:

Nice Neil, thanks for sharing your images.. is that a baader D-ERF?

Thanks 

No its just a common filter holder fitted with Baarder visual OD 5 film. At some point fitting the imaging OD 3.8 film  would be better

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

On 27/03/2022 at 12:32, neil phillips said:

Wonder if the all white tube helps deflect heat. After around 3 hours when i pulled it off the mount. it actually felt cool. which surprised me. But cracking solar scopes i am learning. Especially for the price. For solar close ups These should be rushing out the door at Flos. 

bresser solar.jpg

My sentiments for disliking the black wrap my Evostar has got 🙂