SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Skywatcher polar scope

18 minutes ago, ecuador said:

Polar Scope Align Pro developer here.

Please delete links to that site. It is a scammer site, built by mirroring everything on the iOS store, pretending they exist for Android, then giving you download links to "similar" apps packed with god knows what kind of spyware/adware etc.

Unfortunately, there is no Polar Scope Align that is like the iOS version for Android. I am not an Android developer and have tried in the past to collaborate with Android developers to make a port (which requires lots and lots of work - and it is definitely not a good return on investment, I do it as a hobby), it hasn't come to fruition yet so can't promise about the future.

There is a similarly named app on Android (mentioned in another comment above), it does not have a free version and it has nothing to do with my iOS app, it does significantly fewer things, it does them differently and it doesn't even work properly on my phone, so I can't really recommend it as there are other Android apps.

OK. Thanks for letting us know. I’ll delete the link now. 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 14:08, PatrickO said:

Got to admit after all the discussion I still don't know how to use this polar scope 😂

I had problems with this new Polar Scope, I ditched it for Sharpcap Pro PA, NO MORE KNEES creaking, easy and accurate.

eric

• 2 weeks later...

For polaris there is SynscanInit on android. It gives you your coords and also a virtual position of polaris.

I only use it for coords though.

You may need a signal for it to work, not sure.