Narrowband

USB Dew Heater bands and ASIAir Plus

I tried the same thing and it didn't work, so I can only assume the USB ports are like an un-powered USB hub.

I already had a 3-pin USB charger hub, so used that for powering the bands.

Alternatively, Dew Control will make 12v bands to the size you want and fit them with a 2.1mm plug so you can power them off the 12v outlets on the ASIAir Plus.

4 hours ago, CraigD1986 said:

I’ve just bought a set of USB due heater bands and plugged them into one of the USB’s on my ASIAir Plus but they aren’t heating up. Anyone have any ideas?

You need one of these as you already have the bands https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Charger-Charging-Compatible-Smartphone-White/dp/B09FDMZ67H/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1KW3NF8LIWKDG&keywords=4+port+usb+charger&qid=1648160201&sprefix=4+port+usb+%2Caps%2C333&sr=8-20

That solved my problem with the same type of bands, which do keep heavy dew away.

Similar to the answers above but I bought this usb hub and powers both my dewbands and flats light panel, nice that you can switch each port on and off. 

Powered USB Hub, atolla USB Hub with 4 USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Data Ports and 1 USB Smart Charging Port, USB Splitter with Individual On/Off Switches and 5V/3A Power Adapter 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B099MLL1FG/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_KKHFPRB4SH5RJB4BMB18?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by AstroNebulee

Thanks everyone.

the ISB ports on the ASiAir must be able to provide power as I power my star adventurer via one of the USBs. I might return the bands and get some that can be powered via the 2.1mm plugs as this will just be tidier

Quick update on this. I've returned the USB dew heaters so am looking for due heathers that will work with the ASIAir plus. I need one for my Skywatcher 72ED and one for my ASI 120mm mini guide camera. Any recommendations?

usb bands pull 2.5a. even when on low they just go on and off. asiair won't cope.

best fix is to make up a wee connnector that plugs in to the 12v and attach it to a car fag lighter adapter. get one that can do 2 * 2.5a if you want to run two of them.

they will then run fine.