Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pulse guiding Problem - any ideas?

PeterCPC

Last night I set up as usual with APT and PHD. Got started ok but then PHD said that pulse guiding had stopped. Overcame issue by adding ST4 cable but why?

It's been pulse guiding for over a year with no problems. The mount connected to APT using my Lynx cable ok.

There has been 2 windows updates in 24 hours so I suspect that this has something to do with it. Any ideas anyone? It was nice to have one less cable so I would like pulse guiding back if possible.

3 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

Last night I set up as usual with APT and PHD. Got started ok but then PHD said that pulse guiding had stopped. Overcame issue by adding ST4 cable but why?

It's been pulse guiding for over a year with no problems. The mount connected to APT using my Lynx cable ok.

There has been 2 windows updates in 24 hours so I suspect that this has something to do with it. Any ideas anyone? It was nice to have one less cable so I would like pulse guiding back if possible.

Have you got the very latest PHD2, as I have, and have noticed a few errors since I updated, I might move back to the version before…could it be that…?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

Is the connection to the mount intermittent ?

Is the mount connection showing without errors in Windows Device Manager ?

When did PHD2 say that "pulse guiding had stopped", during Calibration, during guiding ?

Michael

No its not intermittent.

Didn't check on device manager.

During guiding.

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

Have you got the very latest PHD2, as I have, and have noticed a few errors since I updated, I might move back to the version before…could it be that…?

Doubtful as I have been on the latest version for a while with no issues.

• Like 1