Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ain't technology wonderful? NOT!

Swoop1

Playing with the kit again tonight, getting better acquainted with PHD2, GSS and Cartes du Ciel interaction. Looking for a bright enough star to focus the ASI290MC so selected Sirius on C du C and instructed the system to slew.

Woe! The laptop shut down after the slew commenced so the stop command didn't happen. Panic ensued and I had to power down the mount manually.

I restated the laptop and, after a lengthy wait, I fired up GSS again and waited....... and waited....... and waited. The laptop screen then went a frightening shade of blue and commenced ignoring everything. 

Cue manual shutdown, packing away of kit and a sulk.

Laptop isn't dead, but it is watching me warily just in case I decide it is

• Sad 1

You do have my sympathy on this, drives me made technology, so I am not sure if I should put a laughing emoji or not as a reaction.
As you say ain't technology wonderful, when it works.

That Laptop is indeed watching you and waiting for a second attempt at your sanity, just you wait.

• Like 2