Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A late Rosette in SHO

powerlord

I've done close ups of the animals on parade before, and an OSC for the whole Rosette, but not a narrowband SHO with my asi1600.

So this is that. With Altair 80ED+0.8 F/R. So 400mm. Shot over the last 3 or 4 nights.

130 mins of 10 mins subs Ha, 240 mins of Sii, 230 mins of Oiii.

So, 10ish hours.

Processed in Siril and Affinity Photo and starnet2++

stu

Rosette.3session.constrastmark.thumb.jpg.a449e2b23267f0101130f85307ae7111.jpg

• Like 15

Lots of nice detail and depth to the image Stu and I like the intensity of the colours.

Something a little strange is happening with the stars in the corners ...

Rosette_aberation.jpg.1da2410c51c6fc2777152af4ecec100a.jpg

... I guess you'd already noticed.

Maybe a spacing issue?

HTH

Adrian

yeh, Im still struggling to get the backfocus right on the 80ED. tried a bit less as pattern seemed to suggest it was too far away, but that made it worse (last night session). So as of yet not found the perfect distance.

Still tbh I'm not really a star peeper, I will keep trying to adjust it and get them better. I also just found tonight that the main part about half way up scope is loose.. I'm not sure if it screws tight or has some other fixing, so I left it for tonight, but it may be that it's that rather than backfocus issue. One to investigate.

I got an astrionomik 6.5nm oiii this week to replace the zwo one. I felt I wasn't getting as much oiii as I should. Definitely feels like an improvement with the asteonomik.

Still having no joy capturing the illusive squid in sh2-129 but I suppose a full moon doesn't help. 🤔