Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tracking with SkySafari

Firstly I don't even know if this is possible!

I can control my AZ GTI with SkySafari 6 plus but I seem to have hit a brick wall in my research about the possibility of tracking.

According to what I have read the process seems to be:

Align the mount using the Synscan app, open SkySafari and align using SkySafari to the last star in the Synscan alignment process just used.  Then select a target and GOTO, the mount will then track.

Have I got this right or am I barking up the wrong tree?

The mount is in AZ mode.

4 minutes ago, Zermelo said:

I'm not sure I understand the question.
The default Sky Safari behaviour will be to track any object you GOTO.  Rate will be siderial, lunar or solar according to the target.

So do I need to go through the alignment process in the Synscan app first?

Sky Safari is issuing commands to Synscan. There are two scenarios:

1) You do a goto (from either Synscan or Sky Safari), then the mount continues to track the object. You need to have aligned the mount beforehand.

2) You select an object in Synscan and choose "point and track". You centre the object in the eyepiece, confirm in Synscan and the mount continues to track. In this case, it's only necessary to have levelled the mount beforehand.

• Like 1