SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Creating a star mask in GIMP

Hello all.

Does anyone have a workflow for creating a star mask in gimp, and I mean a blow by blow account. I have found a youtube tutorial but don't seem able to follow it. 

It is probably something very simple I am missing but for the life of me I cannot figure.

Thanks in advance for any help

Steve

NB: This is the one I have tried following

On 21/03/2022 at 20:48, bomberbaz said:

Does anyone have a workflow for creating a star mask in gimp

Hi

Try this one https://pbleic.medium.com/star-reduction-in-gimp-a-tutorial-using-wave-decomposition-59d209e53bc6

There are a couple of errors in the steps. Step 13 to clear the "dancing ants" got to menu, select, none; and in Step 15 highlight the original visible layer that is below the mask layer to effect erode.

Hope that is some help.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Varavall said:

Hi

Try this one https://pbleic.medium.com/star-reduction-in-gimp-a-tutorial-using-wave-decomposition-59d209e53bc6

There are a couple of errors in the steps. Step 13 to clear the "dancing ants" got to menu, select, none; and in Step 15 highlight the original visible layer that is below the mask layer to effect erode.

Hope that is some help.

I will give it a try, thanks for the info.