Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASIair Plus problems

Just received my ASI air Plus but there seems to be a problem. 

The ASI app boots up and opens nicely on my android tablets (2) and shows a strong Wi-Fi signal on both the tablet and the Plus app. On the opening page it also shows the 2 cameras, guide and main - sometimes. However on pressing "enter" the icon shows the main camera not connected, and a little while later, literally within a minute, it loses the Wi-Fi signal (I'm standing next to the Plus). If I try to connect the camera it usually loses wifi. There is no way I can re-connect it from the app. Checking the tablets the Wi-Fi signal to the Plus is very strong. This has happened time after time-I've spent hours trying different things with the 2 tablets I use: I have also changed the cables and swapping cameras (I have 2 ZWO cameras) and virtually anything one can imagine including checking the power sources (2x Celestron Lipos checked for output). I should add that I also have an ASI air Pro, and this runs perfectly irrespective to what I've swapped around and power sources. My belief is that it is a power problem with the Plus

It is being sent back to be checked. I really can't think of anything else to try.

Any ideas before it is returned?

Whether this will help I'm not sure, and being relatively new to the device myself I'm still finding my way. But I get the impression that you need to allow the AAP to boot up and beep first, before you open the app and try to connect. Worth a try.

Ian

Hi

Think I've fixed it. I have lots of ASI USB cables; they were all USB 2 and work fine with the 294 camera on the ASI Pro.

Did some reading and USB 3 was mentioned. Dug into my box of cables and found the USB 3 for the 294 camera on the Plus (should have another set as I have 2 cameras). Hey Presto! Seems fine now. I've been trialing it all afternoon and so far so good on both tablets. It also transfers material to the tablets much faster. No more 'crashing' - as yet

Thank you

G

Not fixed. Worked for a period testing on and off, leaving it on for periods and off for periods. Did this as a bench test. Put it back on a scope and it was back to its 'normal' self . Opens, excellent wifi, no camera, touch the camera icon and it loses wifi.

Put the Pro back on - no problem. The Plus is definitely going back.

Searching the internet I notice that some others with the Plus have had somewhat similar problems.

G