SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

APT CCD/CMOS histogram

BrendanC

Hi all,

Any APT users here who would care to share what a good histogram should look like for a CCD/CMOS camera?

I was very familiar with the DSLR histogram, but have just started using an ASI1600MM Cooled. The histogram is very different and when I try to use exposure times that I see recommended online, I'm getting something very far to the left when I would expect to see it more towards the leftmost third/halfway, as per the DSLR version.

Problem is, I have no idea whether or not I'm right. So, if someone could share an image of one, that would give me something to aim towards.

If it helps, my scope is a 130PDS.

Thanks, Brendan

Thanks!

I've been using these tables as a starting point - narrowband for a full moon: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/573886-sub-exposure-tables-for-asi-1600-and-maybe-qhy163/

So, I'm doing 240s exposures, at gain 200, offset 21, and I'm getting this, which doesn't look right to me:

hist.jpg.9a520617d9eb9ba7a847058cb0ccaace.jpg

Edited by BrendanC