Jump to content

2052839955_Mobilephonebanner.jpg.a502a319d7033354d442937f2edd0c2c.jpg

QHY USB cable


Recommended Posts

The 2nd hand QHYCCD camera I purchased came with a 5m usb cable. In order to limit the amount of loose cable I purchased a standard 25cm one. However, when connecting to EKOS I only get intermittent connectivity with some dropouts. If I switch back to the 5m everything is fine. Question, does the QHY require a specific usb cable or just something different to what I have purchased?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Deepblue12 said:

The 2nd hand QHYCCD camera I purchased came with a 5m usb cable. In order to limit the amount of loose cable I purchased a standard 25cm one. However, when connecting to EKOS I only get intermittent connectivity with some dropouts. If I switch back to the 5m everything is fine. Question, does the QHY require a specific usb cable or just something different to what I have purchased?
 

depends on the quality of the cable manufacture.  I tend to stick with Startech.com or lindy.co.uk what brand is the 25cm one?

I have a qhy5-II mono and use a startech short usb cable and no problems.

 

Edited by fozzybear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fozzybear said:

depends on the quality of the cable manufacture.  I tend to stick with Startech.com or lindy.co.uk what brand is the 25cm one?

I have a qhy5-II mono and use a startech short usb cable and no problems.

 

its an Amazon cheapy. i've used startech in the past so may as well give them a go

Ta

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/03/2022 at 00:00, Deepblue12 said:

its an Amazon cheapy. i've used startech in the past so may as well give them a go

Ta

Its kind of pot luck i found. sometimes the same make can have one work and one not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ended up buying a 0.2m Lindy cable. Turned up extremely quick. Plugged it in and camera connected first time. Constantly stopped and started the service, unplugged and replugged the USB and it works everytime.

Thanks all for input and advice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deepblue12 said:

Ended up buying a 0.2m Lindy cable. Turned up extremely quick. Plugged it in and camera connected first time. Constantly stopped and started the service, unplugged and replugged the USB and it works everytime.

Thanks all for input and advice.

I use those too, cheap (I don't buy the Chromo versions) and seem to work just fine as you've found....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.