Narrowband

QHY USB cable

Deepblue12

The 2nd hand QHYCCD camera I purchased came with a 5m usb cable. In order to limit the amount of loose cable I purchased a standard 25cm one. However, when connecting to EKOS I only get intermittent connectivity with some dropouts. If I switch back to the 5m everything is fine. Question, does the QHY require a specific usb cable or just something different to what I have purchased?

51 minutes ago, Deepblue12 said:

The 2nd hand QHYCCD camera I purchased came with a 5m usb cable. In order to limit the amount of loose cable I purchased a standard 25cm one. However, when connecting to EKOS I only get intermittent connectivity with some dropouts. If I switch back to the 5m everything is fine. Question, does the QHY require a specific usb cable or just something different to what I have purchased?

depends on the quality of the cable manufacture.  I tend to stick with Startech.com or lindy.co.uk what brand is the 25cm one?

I have a qhy5-II mono and use a startech short usb cable and no problems.

Edited by fozzybear

1 hour ago, fozzybear said:

depends on the quality of the cable manufacture.  I tend to stick with Startech.com or lindy.co.uk what brand is the 25cm one?

I have a qhy5-II mono and use a startech short usb cable and no problems.

its an Amazon cheapy. i've used startech in the past so may as well give them a go

Ta

Ended up buying a 0.2m Lindy cable. Turned up extremely quick. Plugged it in and camera connected first time. Constantly stopped and started the service, unplugged and replugged the USB and it works everytime.

Thanks all for input and advice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deepblue12 said:

Ended up buying a 0.2m Lindy cable. Turned up extremely quick. Plugged it in and camera connected first time. Constantly stopped and started the service, unplugged and replugged the USB and it works everytime.

Thanks all for input and advice.

I use those too, cheap (I don't buy the Chromo versions) and seem to work just fine as you've found....