Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Theophilus area close up with C9.25

Trevor N

Taken a few nights back during some good seeing. I used a 178mono at prime focus on a C9.25. I've over exposed a couple of bits but its more detail than I've ever achieved in this area so I'm happy.

My complete thanks to Neil P for his advice and guidance during processing. I've used various programs in the past but had little understanding of what I was doing. He certainly has a wealth of knowledge and experience but anyone would be aware of that if they have looked closely at the images he submits.

All I have to do is remember what I did this time during processing and that will be a challenge in itself !!!!!

Theo chain C9.25 March 2022 pf.png

Edited by Trevor N
  • Like 8

Its a great capture. You did well Trevor. Its all in the data captured. And certainly the best data i have seen from you. You should be pleased. Those C9.25s are great scopes too. i would put it on par with my Orion 245mm which is no slouch. But its the person behind the scope that gets the data. Once again well done. 

Martyn. I think you know a thing or two yourself. Your early Saturns impressed the hell out of me. Jupiter will be back soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morimarty said:

You should be happy with it Trevor. There is some good close up detail in this image . Can I ask what filter you are using IRpass/Red/Green?. I will certainly second what you say about NP Is images speak for themselves.

Thanks Martyn. I used an IR685 filter. It certainly improves the seeing. Trevor 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Its a great capture. You did well Trevor. Its all in the data captured. And certainly the best data i have seen from you. You should be pleased. Those C9.25s are great scopes too. i would put it on par with my Orion 245mm which is no slouch. But its the person behind the scope that gets the data. Once again well done. 

Martyn. I think you know a thing or two yourself. Your early Saturns impressed the hell out of me. Jupiter will be back soon. 

Thanks Neil. Again, really appreciate the help and advice. Trevor

• Like 1