Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Musings on Time Travel

Don't know much Jethro Tull but the late and great Meat Loaf  also mused on the nature of time as well; from Paradise by the Dashboard Light .  I think it is one of the funniest lines in a song,  it's the perfect length of the pause following the first line that makes it :) 

Jim

I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
that I would love you to the end of time , I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, saac said:

Don't know much Jethro Tull but the late and great Meat Loaf  also mused on the nature of time as well; from Paradise by the Dashboard Light .  I think it is one of the funniest lines in a song,  it's the perfect length of the pause following the first line that makes it :) 

Jim

I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
that I would love you to the end of time , I swore that I would love you to the end of time!

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive

One of the all-time great songs. ironical, sincere, funny... it has a bit of everything.  One of my former students, now in their fifites, reminded me that I used it as a launch pad for teen romance stories once. Some of the creative writing they produced was quite... educational.  What, risks in education? Yes, we used to take them... 

Olly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

One of the all-time great songs. ironical, sincere, funny... it has a bit of everything.  One of my former students, now in their fifites, reminded me that I used it as a launch pad for teen romance stories once. Some of the creative writing they produced was quite... educational.  What, risks in education? Yes, we used to take them... 

Olly

Streaming it now Olly :)  Taking risks is what makes it fun: "we are not supposed to do this, however "  usually gets their attention!

Jim 

• Like 1