SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What's the next eyepiece you are going to... get rid of?

Ags

I sold my Orion Expanse 6mm, 9mm, and 15mm awhile ago.  I sort of miss the 15mm although I replaced it with a Astro-Tech (same as BST I think) Paradigm 15mm.

I have an ancient 40mm Kellner that I never use.  I should probably get rid of that.

3 hours ago, cajen2 said:

I want to replace my BT Starguider 8mm and Svbony UWA 6mm with a Baader Morpheus 6.5mil. Don't get me wrong, both are fine EPs but I love the wide, clear views that the Morph provides. The trouble is I can't find one in stock anywhere...😥

Have you tried the US?  They're in stock at Agena Astro, Eyepieces Etc, and High Point Scientific to name a few reputable dealers.  They are $299 before VAT here, so figure $359 with VAT but before import tariffs and shipping, so figure about 290 GBP minimum imported.  How badly do you want one?

Edited by Louis D
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Have you tried the US?  They're in stock at Agena Astro, Eyepieces Etc, and High Point Scientific to name a few reputable dealers.  They are $299 before VAT here, so figure $359 with VAT but before import tariffs and shipping, so figure about 290 GBP minimum imported.  How badly do you want one?

Kind of you to research this, but not at that price. The few that FLO stocks, for example, are £188. I've tried other shops but few of them note whether an item is in stock, so numerous emails have led me nowhere.

43 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

Kind of you to research this, but not at that price. The few that FLO stocks, for example, are £188. I've tried other shops but few of them note whether an item is in stock, so numerous emails have led me nowhere.

It's not surprising why Tele Vue is so popular here when the other options are so expensive.

40 minutes ago, Louis D said:

It's not surprising why Tele Vue is so popular here when the other options are so expensive.

Since a TV with similar (in fact slightly narrower) FOVs are nearly double the price, I think I'll stick with the Morpheus!

To be fair. I have a few going up for sale shortly... I went through a 'purchase a number in the same focal length' moment!. All great quality, but need the funds else where now. Problem is as life, and my Astro life progresses I just seem to buy expensive stuff! :) 

Fun though. And on the flip side it means someone behind me will grab a nice item at a good price.

Rob

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 22:47, Stu said:

Two eyepieces which would be most likely to shift in my eyepiece collection are the 2.5mm TOE and 2 to 4mm Nagler zoom as they see comparatively little use.

I was going to swap out the Vixen HR's for TOE's. However I used the HR's for the first time in an age on the Moon (Monday) and I thought to myself no I'll keep them. 

The only one I would consider moving on is the HR 1.6 mm as I hardly use it, however I do not want to break up the set. 

One question how do you find the TOE 2.5 mm on the moon @Stu?

Note, the difference between the TOE and HR is less when comparing using an LZOS than with a FPL53 based scope.

Edited by Deadlake
  • Like 1