Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just updated Pixinsight to 1.8.9 and the NormalisedScaleGradient script has vanished

I have Just updated Pixinsight to 1.8.9 and the NormalisedScaleGradient script has vanished.
I have looked at what this update involves and am thinking that now maybe this script is integrated into the WeightedBatchPreprocessing script but cannot find any actual indication that this is the case.

Anybody know about this ?

Steve

Masses of discussion about this, too much to go into here but you need to bookmark John's new site. Check out the thread on the PI forum before it disappears......

Oh and for reasons that will become clear it is NOT integrated, but the new enhanced LN is.......

Edited by scotty38
  • Thanks 1

Okay so I have managed to download NSG scrips as PI no longer include this as standard but I am still confused.

Originally NSG was created because the way PI naturally weighted frames did not work and NSG was a far better method of evaluating weights.
This I understood and after trying it out totally agreed with  Adam Block that PI was  not using the best method to stack calibrated frames as the weights were incorrect, and I was happy with this.

Now it looks like PI have updated the way they weight frames but still using a different method to NSG, so do we still need NSG script, or has PI overtaken the method NSG script uses and is that the best method ??

I am currently going to use either method and see if I can see any difference but just wondered what other PI users had concluded.

Steve

There is a bit of internet drama here, basically Juan added this really annoying signing check that will break a lot of peoples scripts.

The general consensus is he did this to break NSG, because apparently there is some bad blood there..

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-disable-entitlement-checks-added-in-1-8-9.18211/

With that being said.. the new WBPP and normalization seems to work really well, even if it is still hella' slow compared to Siril fx..

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jjosefsen said:

There is a bit of internet drama here, basically Juan added this really annoying signing check that will break a lot of peoples scripts.

The general consensus is he did this to break NSG, because apparently there is some bad blood there..

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-disable-entitlement-checks-added-in-1-8-9.18211/

With that being said.. the new WBPP and normalization seems to work really well, even if it is still hella' slow compared to Siril fx..

Cheers, I gathered there was some bad blood about NSG and that PI had gone out of its way to block it.
Anyway I have downloaded NSG script and using it again.
I still think it is better than anything currently in PI so hope the next issue of it doesn't try to break it again 🙂 

Steve