Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good morning

Astronix

Hi All

just thought I would say hello.

I have had an 8” Newtonian for a few years on an eq5 manual mount. I am now looking to get into AP. Just bought a EQM35 pro mount and I am now looking at the rest of the kit that I will need.

currently looking for a Skywatcher 72ED or similar, need a field flattener, T ring adaptor, light pollution filter and a camera.I am thinking of going for a Canon DSLR Astro modded but I am not quite sure about which filter to buy to get me started.

The skies where I live in Cheshire are Bortel 5. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Will probably go for a 40d camera but would look at others if my budget allows.

May go for a cheap guide scope and camera but this can come later.

Many thanks 

Welcome. Regarding filters you first need to decide what type of targets you want to image, and your local light pollution conditions (direction, intensity or distance from your location, lighting type/technology). I'd suggest you try without filters to start off with, many high altitude targets tend not to need them, if you do use them your exposures will need to be extended (and better tracking/autoguiding) to compensate for the reduction of light getting to your camera.