Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pushed this too much? M81 & M82 with integrated flux nebula

blinky

This was taken at the weekend at my mates cottage just outside the Galloway forest - Not sure if I've pushed it too much to get the integrated flux to come through?  Not something Ive managed to really capture before, so at a bit of a loss as to how to process....  I think the galaxies look over done, happy for any thought & comments

M81&M82.jpg

M81&M82.tif

• Like 3

I would say it is overdone in terms of the galaxies, but I don't think that is something you should worry about. Getting IFN to come out is a huge challenge unless you are at a dark site with long integration time, so it’s still a stunning image.

One idea is just process it twice. One time to maximise IFN, then one time just focused on making the galaxies as good as possible

:)

31 minutes ago, blinky said:

Thanks for the comments, yeah I was thinking about a double process then maybe try and blend the galaxies back in

Have a go with starnet++V2, would be relatively simple to process the galaxies, stars and IFN separately with some layer trickery.

I would be happy with the capture itself though since IFN is such a pain to capture with a reasonable integration. So maybe some tweaks but the picture still looks good.

Edited by ONIKKINEN