SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

228F9 APM. Lzos

4 minutes ago, UKDiver said:

Nah, Stuy is small or far off. :D

Quite a beast! How do you mount that? (Apart from very carefully!)

It’s at least a 2 man job ! With the balance system in place  it’s 47 kg !! 

• Like 2

Wow! A contender for my lottery win 'scope! I have an APM LZOS 130 f9 and that is excellent.... . I can only imagine what the views through the same class of glass with 228mm of aperture is like! I wish you clear skies and I look forward to your "first light" report as soon as the weather gods allow :)

• Like 3

As soon as the weather clears !! I will of course do a few tests I had a quick look at the moon using the new zeis apo  binoviewer from Denis and was impressed by the contrast and blackness against the moon terminator 

• Like 5

Congratulations!

Also I'd get it tested soon, if for some reason the lens in the cell is misaligned and the lenses get pinched no way to send back to Russia to fix. 

Everything else can be done at the dealer level.

And yes the last I suspect.....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Deadlake said:

Congratulations!

Also I'd get it tested soon, if for some reason the lens in the cell is misaligned and the lenses get pinched no way to send back to Russia to fix. 

Everything else can be done at the dealer level.

And yes the last I suspect.....

All  good tested  spot on 👍

• Like 3

Apparently shipments from LZOS will be re-instated.
How this works I'm not sure, or think possible.
Same time, given the current situation I'd wait for normality to return before making a decision. 
What happens if warranty works is required?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Deadlake said:

Apparently shipments from LZOS will be re-instated.
How this works I'm not sure, or think possible.
Same time, given the current situation I'd wait for normality to return before making a decision. 
What happens if warranty works is required?

Martin, Stuy has his scope so LZOS shipments aren’t really relevant here. We will all just have to see what happens if warranty is required, hopefully an unlikely situation.

• Like 2

Just now, maw lod qan said:

That is definitely one mahoosive piece of equipment!

Sorry Stu, but I didn't know if I would ever get the chance to actually use that word!

Just couldn't let the chance pass!😁

Tee hee. I think it is more than appropriate in this case! Amazing scope 👍

• Like 1

Cheers this scope came from a friend in Germany who has bought a 10” lzos ! So the 9” was surplus to requirements!! It is new like condition no marks on tube lens cell was flawless. 
I have now collimated the scope ( tak collimation scope) and tested it with a strehl of 97.8 it’s bang on very happy lunar views tonight were better than both my 10” mak newt and 12” zen colours and contrast were staggering in the binoviewer using tak orthos  , also stars were beautiful and tight  yes it’s blooming massive , and even in my big observatory  it’s a squeeze but  doable roll on Mars and Jupiter this year 

thanks all stuy 

• Like 9