Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dust in Mak 127

8 minutes ago, WilliamAstro said:

So I asked my dad to disassemble yo optics to my maksutov and after cleaning it I thought I came out spotless, but after I inspected the lens I found this

8F2CFC8F-6B65-4337-A149-1E880C8AF2A6.thumb.jpeg.2c1bdb98f050011c472616e451cd10ab.jpegC024DC0B-8119-4754-B5B6-F62C72295EF7.thumb.jpeg.56219faad07205bc0c3f1dc9566819f6.jpegF00E9AC0-9029-4F9B-90BB-2618FF7A0C30.thumb.jpeg.53b0407af4bb4dd7ffec50c755d08ece.jpeg
will this impact my imaging?

no not even slightly. 

Adam

No, it's too small to make any difference. In fact cleaning the mirror and front corrector  can introduce micro scratches over time which scatter the light and have worse effect than any dust or small blemishes.

4 hours ago, Nik271 said:

No, it's too small to make any difference. In fact cleaning the mirror and front corrector  can introduce micro scratches over time which scatter the light and have worse effect than any dust or small blemishes.

I only cleaned the front corrector once

4 hours ago, Nik271 said:

Plus I had to clean it because it suffered with optical fungus

The coating on the secondary can be rubbed off and it looks like that’s what has started to happen. I would be 

more worried about looking at the inside of this mirror to see if the reflective coating was damaged by the cleaning 

1 minute ago, bosun21 said:

The coating on the secondary can be rubbed off and it looks like that’s what has started to happen. I would be 

more worried about looking at the inside of this mirror to see if the reflective coating was damaged by the cleaning 

I didn’t use any fluid to clean the dust off, just a cloth.

3 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

Plus I seen the primary mirror and nothing is wrong with it, i took photos of the moon today and Uranus and nothing looks bad from what has been done so far

6 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

I took a look at the telescope and I never any coating damage, this is only the first time I ever cleaned it this way. The weird shapes and discolouring is just the reflections of my room, the black scratches are on the inside of the OTA and not the mirror

56 minutes ago, bosun21 said:

If it’s a reflection then disregard what I have said regarding your mirror 

The reflections are not damages to the coating, I seen the mirror and the main as well and it looks just fine

Edited by WilliamAstro