SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NINA & Pegasus Focuscube2

Astroscot2

Hello.

I hope someone using NINA may be able to assist me, Ive recently added a Pegasus Focuscube2 to my Esprit focuser and for a few nights it seemed to work OK giving nice V curves and sharp focus.

Last night I set up a sequence and let the software do its thing, I noticed that the autofocus position was showing ZERO even though I had not touched the focuser from the previous night, the auto focus routine started and stopped once the focus position arrived back at ZERO, one half of the V curve,  NINA shows the focuser as moving but it is not. I read somewhere this morning that Ascom prevents focusers going below position  0 as it believes this is the MAX in travel for the focuser?

I did not change or reset the focus position from the previous night, is there a setting in NINA or Ascom I need to select to ensure the focus position is being recorded by the software?  Hope to get this resolved soon as this is great piece of kit.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by Astroscot2

9 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

Hello.

I hope someone using NINA may be able to assist me, Ive recently added a Pegasus Focuscube2 to my Esprit focuser and for a few nights it seemed to work OK giving nice V curves and sharp focus.

Last night I set up a sequence and let the software do its thing, I noticed that the autofocus position was showing ZERO even though I had not touched the focuser from the previous night, the auto focus routine started and stopped once the focus position arrived back at ZERO, one half of the V curve,  NINA shows the focuser as moving but it is not. I read somewhere this morning that Ascom prevents focusers going below position  0 as it believes this is the MAX in travel for the focuser?

I did not change or reset the focus position from the previous night, is there a setting in NINA or Ascom I need to select to ensure the focus position is being recorded by the software?  Hope to get this resolved soon as this is great piece of kit.

Thanks

Mark

You need to set the focus limits within the focus cube, focus controller utility first. 

Set Zero to just a little outside the min extension of the tube and then move to a position past the focus position for your rig and set the max. These limits are held within the motor controller inside the focus cube and so if nina attempts to infringe onto them nina and the cube may become de-synchronised. But if correctly set you should not be operating even close to the limits most of the time. Its all for safety. 

Adam 

Edited by Adam J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1