Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light with Daystar Quark chromosphere

StuartT

i think your there with your tuning mate, maybe drop your expo on you cam and try a bit of gain it will bring a bit more fine detail to the frame and in turm make processing better. wish my first captures was as good it took me the best part of a year to dial in images like that. charl.

Edited by xtreemchaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help and encouragement guys! I have a fun summer ahead!

One thing I found was that I didn't have enough backfocus for a 'straight through' arrangement, so I had to use a diagonal today (which I am sure is not recommended for photography). So I guess I need to measure the optical path length of my 2" diagonal and buy some spacers to match?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2022 at 17:57, StuartT said:

that's a good question. Not sure about that. I don't suppose you happen to have a link to the one you bought, do you?

5v 2 amps works a treat, with a decent cable. My ASIAIR does power it however, it does seem longer to warm up

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jeff5567 said:

5v 2 amps works a treat, with a decent cable. My ASIAIR does power it however, it does seem longer to warm up

My Quark was ex-demo and arrived without a power adapter. After a lot of trial and error I finally managed to power it from the 5V USB output from my Jackery power tank. 

It's annoying the Pegasus Ultimate Powerbox can't power it though, as I'd rather just have one power connection into that and then everything out of the UPB (which is kind of the point!). Pegasus insist that the UPB delivers 2.5A at 5V out of all the USB outputs, but I can't get a green light on the Quark from that for some reason

On 09/03/2022 at 12:41, StuartT said:

thanks! I've not heard of ImPPG. Is it free? I just use AS!3 then Registax 6 for wavelets

Yes imppg is free software. Above is a YouTube video giving some tips on its use. The YouTube description also contains a link to download the software.

Edited by Hughsie
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...