SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

March 7, 2022: Colour added to Spaghetti Nebula

Managed to grab 3 hours of data with the Canon EOS 550D and Samyang 135 F/2 with Optolong L-eNhance filter. Stacked the results with bias frames, darks and flats, and then used the 12h 50m H-alpha data obtained the ASI183MM-Pro, Sigma 50-100 F/1.8 mm zoom and Baader H-alpha F/2 filter as luminance channel

Spaghetti_Nebula_Colour.thumb.jpg.0ce402f4f6266a59e2bbe45c9fb849f0.jpg

Star colours aren't great, and I simply need more data, but I am pleased with the progress. I do feel the Samyang definitely has the better image quality, so might redo the H-alpha data with the ASI183MM-Pro

• Like 3

Nice work. 

It is surprising how faint this nebula is. What sub lengths were you using ?

I am currently working on a 4 pane mosaic of this at F2 with the Rasa8 and the lEnhance filter so this is a good reference for me.

2 hours ago, Catanonia said:

Nice work. 

It is surprising how faint this nebula is. What sub lengths were you using ?

I am currently working on a 4 pane mosaic of this at F2 with the Rasa8 and the lEnhance filter so this is a good reference for me.

Cheers, I was only using 60s subs, both because this is unguided, and tracking was ever so slightly off, and because the dynamic range of the camera is limited. With the ASI183MM-Pro I was using 120s.

• Thanks 1