SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Yorkshire Dales Dark Skies Event

An unexpected adventure in place of the billed “Come stargazing by Canoe with How Stean Gorge” last Friday evening - expecting a relaxing canoe session on the local reservoir under perfect dark skies as part of the 2022 Yorkshire Dales Dark Skies Festival… high water levels stopped play so instead we were offered the famous “Via Ferrata” high wire Gorge walk - excellent stuff, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this (day or night!), and the clouds still broke later in the evening providing crystal clear views. 

Thanks to the team at How Stean Gorge, Nidderdale, N York. 

• Like 2

Don't fancy loading my 8" dob onto a canoe! 😄 Getting a steady image would be tricky too.....😉. Seriously, though, that sounds like a great place to be - wish I lived nearer

8 hours ago, cajen2 said:

Don't fancy loading my 8" dob onto a canoe! 😄 Getting a steady image would be tricky too.....😉. Seriously, though, that sounds like a great place to be - wish I lived nearer

😂 What an image! Yeah was thinking more along the lines of 10x50 binos, but even then would be a bit shaky!! 

• Like 1