Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharing the love!

Curly Claire

I smiled to myself late last night! 😁

My children and a few close friends know how much I love looking up! I picked my son up from the cinema last night and as we were driving home 🚗 he asked me if I was going out as it was a very clear night! I said of course. 😊

So we got home and he looked up and pointed and said Orions Belt yeah mum .....I said yep that's right! He said that star beginning with B is the nearly Supernova one yes? I smiled and said yes it is! He said where's the cluster you love, I pointed to the pleiades! He then said oh good because I showed Cristie (his girlfriend) all of those the other night!

Fast forward an hour or so and I'm out with my binoculars looking up and within the space of ten minutes two of my friends text me 📱 to say "Clear night Claire, bet you're out"! 😂 They both said they'd had a look up and thought wow!

Ten minutes later a colleague text me saying she'd just showed her husband Orion and his belt like I'd pointed out to her one night while we were working!

So this brings me back to why I smiled to myself late last night.....

The sharing of something I absolutely love, the sharing of a passion impacts others! Point someone's gaze gently upwards and the absolute majesty and wonder of the night sky takes over them too. The universe softly plays her music to all.....to all who are prepared to listen. 🥰

• Like 30

This post made me smile too! 😁😁

Thanks CC!

It's one amazing benefit I hadn't expected before buying my scope; those shared experiences with others. They have been thoroughly and mutually satisfying and wholesome!!

Starting to get a name for myself now, as you have! 😆 As a stargazer. People looking up more when they're with me, asking questions etc...

What a fantastic hobby! 

Best,

Tony

Edited by Xgaze
Typos
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Xgaze said:

This post made me smile too! 😁😁

Thanks CC!

It's one amazing benefit I hadn't expected before buying my scope; those shared experiences with others. They have been thoroughly and mutually satisfying and wholesome!!

Starting to get a name for myself now, as you have! 😆 As a stargazer. People looking up more when they're with me, asking questions etc...

What a fantastic hobby! 

Best,

Tony

A fantastic hobby indeed! 😊

On 07/03/2022 at 09:30, Curly Claire said:

I smiled to myself late last night! 😁

My children and a few close friends know how much I love looking up! I picked my son up from the cinema last night and as we were driving home 🚗 he asked me if I was going out as it was a very clear night! I said of course. 😊

So we got home and he looked up and pointed and said Orions Belt yeah mum .....I said yep that's right! He said that star beginning with B is the nearly Supernova one yes? I smiled and said yes it is! He said where's the cluster you love, I pointed to the pleiades! He then said oh good because I showed Cristie (his girlfriend) all of those the other night!

Fast forward an hour or so and I'm out with my binoculars looking up and within the space of ten minutes two of my friends text me 📱 to say "Clear night Claire, bet you're out"! 😂 They both said they'd had a look up and thought wow!

Ten minutes later a colleague text me saying she'd just showed her husband Orion and his belt like I'd pointed out to her one night while we were working!

So this brings me back to why I smiled to myself late last night.....

The sharing of something I absolutely love, the sharing of a passion impacts others! Point someone's gaze gently upwards and the absolute majesty and wonder of the night sky takes over them too. The universe softly plays her music to all.....to all who are prepared to listen. 🥰

You seem like someone that also has a passion for the arts. Something i understand as music has always been prominent. in my life. Just a vibe. But a good one. I've said it before, but will again. you have a poetic way with words. It creates that feeling of wonder and connection when read quite easily. Science and art collide.

How can one not smile.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

You seem like someone that also has a passion for the arts. Something i understand as music has always been prominent. in my life. Just a vibe. But a good one. I've said it before, but will again. you have a poetic way with words. It creates that feeling of wonder and connection when read quite easily. Science and art collide.

How can one not smile.

Thank you! That's so kind! I LOVE music. Transports me to another place where I can just "be". 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Yes can see the connection with astronomy.

Both have the ability to transport our minds to far distant places. 

Absolutely! Getting "lost" looking up or listening to music.....is peaceful, awe inspiring and especially with astronomy is breathtakingly beautiful. Such wonderful feelings! 😊

• Like 1