Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun looking fab again - 6th March 2022

Stu

There is a new AR on the Sun today, 12962 which shows as a load of tiny pores amongst the faculae, quite high up towards the Northern regions.

Same as on 4th, there is so much to see. The smaller ARs that show as a few small spots in white light, are large, with wonderful swirling flux lines and detail showing. Filaments and proms aplenty, there is also a huge filaprom visible, as well as a series of five or six patches in a line of what look like filaments, but I’m unsure what causes this effect.

Gong images, Sun has gone in here at the moment.

324B2135-ECDD-4EA3-A083-50D4BA03AD13.jpeg

84FD3288-ED28-4CDE-86FF-7AB0D4134B2A.jpeg

D56585C6-315F-4CCC-9747-DF085E723B94.jpeg

9D839F9A-79B1-4668-B8FB-5A50E0B66B70.jpeg

• Like 3

Well - I’ve just witnessed something I’ve never seen before - the vast prom on the south east limb has just shed part of its structure (maybe 4x earth sized?) - which fell back to the Sun’s ‘surface’ in clearly visible motion - the whole event happened over just a couple of minutes! Never seen anything that size move so quickly before. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Well - I’ve just witnessed something I’ve never seen before - the vast prom on the south east limb has just shed part of its structure (maybe 4x earth sized?) - which fell back to the Sun’s ‘surface’ in clearly visible motion - the whole event happened over just a couple of minutes! Never seen anything that size move so quickly before. 

Fantastic wasn’t it Mark! I say that, I just caught the end of it, falling back down to the surface. Amazing, it’s a huge prom! I love it when you can actually see parts of the proms moving, that’s the second time in a few days.