SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Camera tilt or scope tilt

Hi

I have been suffering with eggy stars in my images and tried the test of taking an image and then rotating the camera 180 degrees to se if its camera or scope tilt. To me the eggy stars still seem to be generally in the bottom left corner in these 2 images. 

I've run the two images through ccd inspector but not sure what I'm looking at to be fair. 

My set up is sw 72ed AzGti eq mode zwo asi 294mc pro ovl field flattener. 

Any help is much appreciated as I'm losing my mind after 2 months of this. These are 10 second unguided subs just to test the issue. 

Cheers 

Lee 

Regulus-normal-orientation.jpg

Regulus-180-degrees.jpg

reg normal.jpg

reg normal 1.jpg

reg 180 rotate.jpg

reg rotate 180.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

3 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

To me the eggy stars still seem to be generally in the bottom left corner in these 2 images. 

To me, the bottom left corner is the only place where the stars are round in both images !!

Anyway, the rotation shows that the sensor is tilted

Michael

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

To me, the bottom left corner is the only place where the stars are round in both images !!

Anyway, the rotation shows that the sensor is tilted

Michael

Thank you Michael, at least I know it's sensor tilt rather than scope tilt, that gives me hope and hopefully will adjust this with my tilt adjuster now.